Ways To Give
Donate to the Sandra Schmirler Foundation today so that babies born early have a chance to grow up to be champions like Sandra
Become a Monthly Donor
Help save babies’ lives all year long by joining the Champions’ Circle and committing to becoming a monthly donor.
Monthly giving is a powerful way to spread your generosity over the entire year! And your support will help provide the critical equipment needed to give countless babies the fighting chance they need to survive – and thrive!
• Donations can be automatically withdrawn from your bank account or charged to your credit card;
• Is affordable and donations are easy to fit into your budget; and
• Saves you time because you won’t have to write a cheque or search for a stamp.
Honour a loved one by helping a baby born too soon, too small or too sick. Make a tribute gift in memory, in honour or in celebration today.
Sandra Schmirler’s legacy as a champion curler lives on through this Foundation and through the families of babies born too soon, too small or too sick.
“Society grows great when we plant trees in whose shade we know we shall never sit”. Greek Proverb
Planned giving is a wonderful way to make a larger, lasting contribution to a cause you care about. There are a number of ways to accomplish this.
- Make a Gift in your will: Creating a gift in your will has significant tax benefits and will save babies’ lives long into the future. Please review the following Legacy Guide and get in touch to discuss how The Sandra Schmirler Foundation can be part of your legacy.
- Donate securities: Making a gift of securities to The Sandra Schmirler Foundation can have a substantial impact on the future of Neonatal care in Canada. It can also deliver sizeable tax savings to you. Donating securities (stocks, mutual funds, flow-through shares, etc.) allows you to eliminate the capital gains tax you’d be obligated to pay if you sold them and donated the proceeds. Making a gift of securities is simple and impactful. Speak with your financial advisor today and download our Gift of Securities Form now.
- Donate a life insurance policy: Donating a life insurance policy is an outstanding way to support the purchase of life-saving equipment for premature or critically ill babies while positively impacting your taxes.
Corporate & Workplace Giving
Corporations can play a big role in saving the lives of premature and critically ill babies.
Employer Gift Matching – The Sandra Schmirler Foundation uses Double Your Donation to quickly and easily access employer match funds for your donation.
Ask your employer’s HR or charitable giving team if matching funds are available.
Corporate Philanthropy – A direct donation from a corporation is a powerful way to support the Sandra Schmirler Foundation and ensure Canadian hospitals have the life saving-equipment needed for babies born too soon, too small or too sick. What’s more, you’ll deliver an example to your audience and employees that the health of your community matters.
Corporate Partnerships – In certain circumstances, The Sandra Schmirler Foundation will consider corporate partnerships that help us work towards achieving our vision of giving every baby a chance to grow up and be a champion.